Iberian Explorer Summer 2018
- Barcelona Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes views of Gaudi's Sagrada Familia, the Ramblas and views from Montjuïc
- Costa Del Sol Visit this renowned resort area
- Fátima Visit the celebrated Shrine
- Gibraltar Visit the famous rock of Gibraltar
- Granada Enjoy a scenic drive to this Moorish city
- Guadix View the cave homes in "Barrio Troglodyte"
- Lisbon View Belém Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries on your sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist
- Madrid Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes Puerta del Sol, The Cervantes Memorial and the Cibeles Fountain
- Peñiscola See the ancient castle overlooking the beach
- Salamanca Orientation of this university city includes views of the Plaza Mayor
- Seville Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes views of the Cathedral and Giralda Tower
- Valencia Orientation tour includes the Cathedral, Town Hall, Towers of Serrano and Quart and City of Arts and Sciences
You will visit the following 3 places:
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the south coast of Spain known for the Rock of Gibraltar (a major landmark of the region), a 426m limestone ridge at its centre. It is a very unique place for the curious traveller. You can take the time to explore the caves and tunnels. The inside of the rock is an absolute labyrinth with secret internal roads and tunnels four times longer than those on the surface. Military presence and security in this otherwise deserted area is strong but almost invisible. Also, at the Apes' Den (Queen's Gate) and in the area of the Great Siege Tunnels there is the rare opportunity to see semi-wild primates at close quarters. If you let them, the monkeys will be their captivating selves and behave in their everyday natural manner.
Spain – one of Europe’s most top travel destinations for its fantastic beaches, islands, UNESCO World Heritage sites, stunning and diverse countryside, buzzing nightlife, delicious cuisine and world-famous fiestas! The country is a friendly, multicultural society dedicated to building curious minds, positive attitudes and creative spirits. With great beaches, fun nightlife, many cultural regions and historic cities, Spain makes a great destination for any kind of trip.
Portugal is a southern European country on the Iberian Peninsula, bordering Spain and the Atlantic Ocean. It has a rich, unique culture, lively cities and beautiful countryside. Its rolling interior is perfect for exploring on foot, by kayak, by bike or even on horseback – though a large part of the country’s charm comes from languorous days on the beach, dining on fabulously fresh seafood and kicking back with a beer to watch the sunset over the Atlantic. It is also a developed country with an advanced economy, a high living standard, being also the 11th most peaceful country in the world.